Skip to main content

Duterte says he does not lie -



By Ellen Tordesillas

I THOUGHT President Duterte had an epiphany when I read the news reports that he admitted his promise to solve the drug problem turned out as a “fiasco.”

He said it during the 45th anniversary of the National Economic and Development Authority Tuesday.

He said it in the course of enumerating his accomplishments as he continued basking on the 15 million votes that installed him in Malacañang:

“Because I carried or I am carrying now a very simple set of rules or messages. One, I said, I will try, I can only try to stop corruption. Second is, the problem of drugs has overwhelmed the Philippine fabrics of society, and this has to be controlled or stop altogether. Third is that, I would talk to all the enemies of the state, make peace with them, reach out a deal if possible. And fourth is that, I will allow the brightest financial managers of our country to help me run the economic side. “

He continued: “Lahat ho ‘yannagawakona. Pero ginagawako pa rin because it remains to be a problem. It is not a one thing time to solve it. Corruption remains and it will be even beyond my time. Drugs still abound by tonelada nadito at, you know, itong mga human rights they know…

Hindi naman --- every afternoon, tingnan mo sa TV Patrol. Lahat ‘yanpuro araw-araw seven, eight cases of killing, raping a six-month-old baby, killing the entire family. And that was the rule of the past even at a bigger scale before I became President. “

This is where he said about his anti-drug campaign being a “fiasco.”: “Now, I would tell you that I --- there was this promise which turned out to be a nightmare, a fiasco. Well, because when I was mayor, I made the promise --- ang mindset ko was Davao. And I maybe, naiveté, had something to do with that also.

“Sabi ko, in six months time, I will solve the problem of drugs. But that was based on the factual situation in Davao, numbers and all. But when I became President, nakita ko ‘yung magnitude, the dimension of the contamination at it run into millions, at maramingnamatay. “

What happens now that he himself admitted that he failed?
 


I remember during the election campaign when he went to Laoag City, he made the declaration that he had repeated all throughout his campaign: ““If elected president, give me about three to six months I will get rid of corruption, drugs and criminality.”

He further said: “They say my timeline is ambitious, you know if I am already president, in the third month I am sitting there as president and I fail because nobody believes me, I really cannot do it even if you give me 10 years of rule.

“Eh mabuti magsibat na lang kayo, or ako. Kung hindi komagawa ‘yansatatlong buwan e ‘di ibigay ko nalang kay Bongbong (If I fail in three months, better leave the country or I will step down and give the presidency to Bongbong).”

Bongbong (former Senator Ferdinand Marcos Jr.) didn’t win as president. Duterte’s three to six months has been extended to up to the end of his term.

It should be noted that early in his speech Duterte said, “Hindi ako nagbobo lang publiko eh. Alam mo kasi, it has always my article of faith in life that I do not lie because I do not have the obligation to anybody to lie. So why should I lie and keep on lying to cover the lie?”

At least there is one truth that he said: fiasco

Popular posts from this blog

Options For Submitting your 7162 Proof of Life form to SSA

Mail the Form SSA-7162 U. S. Postal Service Social Security Administration P.O. Box 7162 Wilkes-Barre, PA 18767-7162 U.S.A. Courier the Form SSA-7162 Private Delivery Service (FedEx (Air-21), UPS, LBC, etc.) Social Security Administration Data Operations Center Attn: SSA-7162 Process 1150 E. Mountain Drive Wilkes-Barre, PA 18767-7162 U.S.A. FAX Form SSA-7162 You can FAX the form to the international desk using the following fax numbers: If the last 2 digits of your social security number is 00 to 16: 410-965-5882 If the last 2 digits of your social security number is 17 to 32: 410-966-6782 If the last 2 digits of your social security number is 33 to 49: 410-965-8054 If the last 2 digits of your social security number is 50 to 66: 410-965-9409 If the last 2 digits of your social security number is 57 to 82: 410-966-5552 If the last 2 digits of your social security number is 83 to 99: 410-966-1042 Be safe and attach a cover letter with your name & address as well as your SS#.

One Brother to Another - An Expats Bible of Bad Girl Traits- Pacific South Morning Journal

Personality Traits of a Filipina Bad Girl The TOP 21 List!!! Have you found your new Filipina wife or girlfriend not so perfect anymore? Well maybe there is a perfectly good legitimate reason? Could it be she is really a psychologically incapacitated, disgruntled with a ex bar girl mentality: with a chip on her shoulder??? If you notice more than just a few of the following traits applying to your personal situation, then most likely “ you is buddy ”, and are already “ in big trouble  !  You could be headed for a life of misery until that magical annulment materializes to finally free you of your grief (your asawa) permanently. Or you find a way out of the quagmire to never look at your girlfriend's face again. As you read you may  understand more fully the madness behind their mental deficiencies from another’s experience.. Listed in no particular order. Enjoy! 1. She may be be most concerned with her looks, makeup & wardrobe, eating for the day, and being

Philippines 13a Visa Requirements Explained - Pacific South Morning Journal ®

So you’ve moved to The Philippines, fallen in love and now you’re married. Welcome to the club! It’s time to take care of the practical side of living here permanently, and one way to do that is to obtain a Philippines 13A visa. This allows you to live here in the Philippines indefinitely and puts an end to those monthly visits to the hot and bothersome immigration office once and for all. So how do you go about getting the 13A visa? Let us explain via this handy FAQ! Q. Who’s eligible for a 13A visa? A. Anybody married to a Filipino. If you’re married (either here or abroad), you’re eligible. Q. Where can I find the relevant law at its source? A. A quick Google search for ‘Philippine Immigration Act 1940, Section 13’ will bring up the exact law. You can see for yourself exactly what it says. Alternatively click here . Q. Where can I apply for the 13A visa? A. You can apply in Cebu, Manila, and Davao. While you can’t apply in any other city as of the time of writing you can ask